Sunday, March 16, 2008

Which Do You Carry?

As many of you know, I practice and teach all sorts of edged weapons, training here in NYC. It's funny because I get asked a question alot, one question which I find very interesting. I'm always asked, what do YOU carry?

They like to try and PIN me down to choosing just one type of blade, usually, they act as if they would like me to carry what THEY prefer. Is it a bowie? Is it a folder? Is it a Karambit? Tell me!!

They get very insistent and quite demanding, lol.

My thought always remains the same... why do I have to pick just one? I love karambits, and I love bowies, and yep, I love swords, too. Why notcarry all 3?

I don't carry all 3. Frankly, I won't say that I carry anything at all! Why do folks worry about what I might carry, the real issue is what they themselves choose to carry in anything at all.

No comments: