Saturday, July 21, 2007

Karambit? What is in a name?

I've seen many different spellings used for the Southeast asian tool we've all come to love. Whether we choose to spell it Karambit, or Kerambit, or whatever, most people familiar with this cool and different type of blade will recognize the name. I think that is a very cool thing because even though we're describing the same thing, each spelling has a following and this is an attempt to generate greater interest and understanding of Karambits and Kerambits.

Ultimately function and appearance, shape and design will define what is commonly known as Karambit. In this blog, I will share some of my experiences and some of my knowledge and training in this training tool of the Filipino and other Southeast asian fighting arts. I hope that you will enjoy checking in and following up on some of my writing in this arena.

KG

No comments: